The Patronat, a meeting point and a dialog for the tourist sector.
The Costa Brava Girona Tourism Board, founded in 1976, is a mixed body (public-private sector) in its shareholder structure which brings together the various sectors of the tourism industry of the districts of the Girona region. It is incorporated in the form of a non-profit limited company and therefore governed in accordance with the provisions of mercantile law and the Public Limited Companies Act.
From the year 1996 onwards, the Board set itself the following priority general goals:
- To stimulate the economic dynamic of the sector by means of the tourism promotion of the Districts of Girona, currently grouped under the brand names of COSTA BRAVA and GIRONA PYRENEES, in the various source markets.
- To promote the Board's functions as a globally representative organ of the interests of the sector before higher-level bodies, and as a coordinating and managerial organ of any actions and services requested from it by local and district bodies and the various sub-sectors.
- To endow the Board with the planning and managerial elements which will enable it to carry out tasks addressed to the tourism sector of the zone:
- Bringing together the concurring wishes of the public and private sectors.
- Effectively defending their interests.
- Fostering the competitive advantage represented by the geographical assets of the area and the quantity and quality of its tourism resources.
Composition of the Board of Directors:
The composition of the Board of Directors is based on a 50-50 parity between members representing the public and private sectors, the distribution being as follows:
Public sector: 20 members
- Girona Provincial Council: 5 representatives
- District Councils: 8 representatives (1 per Council)
- Costa Brava Consortium: 1 representative
- Territorial Delegation of the Tourism Department of the Generalitat: 1 rep.
- Official Tourism School: 1 representative
- Suitable persons proposed by the public sector: 4 representatives
Private sector: 20 members
- Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping of Girona: 1 representative
- Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping of Palamós: 1 representative
- Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping of Sant Feliu de Guíxols: 1 rep.
- Hostelry Association: 2 representatives
- Campsites Association: 1 representative
- Tourist Apartments Association: 1 representative
- Association of Discotheques and Dance Halls: 1 representative
- Rural Tourism Association: 1 representative
- Receiver travel agencies: 1 representative
- Ski stations: 1 representative
- Golf Courses Association: 1 representative
- Property Developers Association: 1 representative
- Suitable persons proposed by the private sector: 7 representatives