Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons (GDPR), and Law 34/2002, of 11 July, concerning Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services, PATRONAT DE TURISME COSTA BRAVA GIRONA SA (Costa Brava Girona Tourist Board, hereinafter, the Board) states that it is entered in the Girona Companies Registry, sheet 193, volume 908, entry GI-6155, with Tax Identification Code A17031246 and address at Avinguda Sant Francesc, no. 29, 3rd floor, 17001 Girona.
The Board is the owner of the websites with the domain names costabrava.org, costabravacruiseports.com, costabravagironacb.com, costabravagironafestivals.com, somactiunatura.com, sombenestar.com, somcultura.com and costabravasocial.com and their subdomains (hereinafter, the Board's websites). Their purpose is to inform the general public about the Costa Brava Girona Tourist Board's services, activities and offers.
Rights concerning the Board's websites
The content of this site, including the texts, images and designs, are protected by intellectual property rights that are held by the Board or by third parties who have authorised their use. The Board provides this content with the aim of providing information and offering services. As a general rule, and unless expressly stated otherwise, this content can be reproduced, distributed and communicated publicly, provided that such use does not pursue any commercial purpose, and also used for the Board websites' own purposes.
Privacy and data protection
Compliance with data protection regulations: the Board complies with all the requirements set forth in current legislation concerning the protection of personal data, and all the data held under our responsibility are processed in accordance with legal requirements.
Security measures: adequate security measures of a technical and organisational nature will be adopted with respect to the data you provide, with the aim of guaranteeing their confidentiality.
Purpose of the data: the site costabrava.org uses different personal information capture systems and we process the information provided by interested people with the following purpose for each capture system (forms):
- Contact form. We ask for the following personal data: first name and surnames, telephone number and email address, to answer the queries sent by the Board's websites' users. For example, we can use this data to process your requests and answer the queries, complaints, comments or concerns you may have about the information included on the website, the services that are provided through it, the processing of your personal data or questions related with the legal texts included on the website, and any other queries that you may have and which are not subject to the terms of contracting.
- Account registration form (to download images). In this case, we will ask for the following personal data: first name, surnames and email address, to process registration of your account.
- File download form (to download ebooks). In this case, we will ask for the following personal data: name, email address and country, to process downloading.
- Subscription form. In this case, we will ask for the following personal data: first name, surnames and email address, to process the subscription list.
- Form to take part in the activities or services that are offered or provided at any given time through this website. In this case, we will ask for the following personal data: name, email address and, optionally, additional data (such as companions in the case of group activities) to process the application.
There are other reasons for processing your personal data:
- To support and improve the services offered by this website.
Personal data holding time. The personal data you provide will be kept:
- While you are subscribed to our activities.
- Until you ask for them to be deleted.
How to exercise your rights. You can send a written notice to the Data Protection Officer, either to the Board's official address or to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, including in both cases a photocopy of your passport or similar identifying document, to request exercise of the following rights:
- Right to request access to personal data.
- Right to request rectification (if they are incorrect).
- Right to request restriction of processing (in this case, they will only be kept by the Board for the exercise or defence of legal claims).
- Right to withdraw consent: if you have given your consent for a specific purpose, you are entitled to withdraw it at any time, without this affecting the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent given prior to its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: if you think that there is a problem with how the Board is handling your data, you can send your complaints to the Board's Data Protection Officer (see above) or the relevant data protection authority, which is the Catalan Data Protection Authority in the case of Catalonia.
- Right to object to processing: the Board will cease to process the data in the manner indicated, unless it is necessary to continue processing them for compelling legitimate grounds, or for the exercise or defence of possible legal claims.
- Right to erasure of the data: unless legally required, your data will be erased when you ask us to erase them.
Before providing personal data about a third party, you must have informed this third party first and asked for that party's consent with respect to the items explained here.
By providing us your data, we understand that you expressly authorise us to process them as described above.
Cookies: other non-identifying data are also collected on our website. These data are obtained through the use of certain cookies that are downloaded onto your computer when you browse this website. For further information, see our «Cookies policy».
The Board also informs you that the data contained in the listings of companies and entities given on this website have been provided by the companies or entities themselves or obtained from public, open-access lists; in this case, the Board does not accept any responsibility for the correctness of the data included on the website.
Intellectual property of the image archive
The Costa Brava Girona Tourist Board makes its image archive available to the public. When using the images, the following conditions must be observed:
The images must be reproduced in full. They cannot be altered.
- The references that identify each image must be visible: place, photographer's name and reference to the PTCBG Image Archive.
- They cannot be put on sale or included in publications intended for sale or in services that require subscription or payment before access is given.
- Obtaining the images does not imply support by the Board for the person using them and no statement may be made to this effect without the Board's prior written authorisation.
Booking services available from the website
The Costa Brava Girona Tourist Board has signed a series of agreements for rendering tourist booking services. Under these agreements, the parties providing these services are responsible for the files in which users' data will be included and take on the obligation to comply with EU data protection regulations when processing them. The Board refuses any liability for any breach of these regulations by these parties; however, any report or complaint by users about such breaches will be appreciated. Users of booking services should contact the organisations providing these services directly in order to exercise their rights. Users will be able to see in their browser window when they are in one of the Board's websites and when they are in a page operated by a tourist booking service.
Liability for third party content
The Board does not accept any responsibility for the content, accuracy and up-to-dateness of the information provided by other private individuals or legal entities to which users are directed by links or by other systems.
The data about tourist accommodation have been provided by the Government of Catalonia, the Association of Tourist Apartments and by the Tourist Board itself from its collection. The Board will not be responsible for the data provided by the first two organisations.
The information about restaurants given in the Board's websites is provided by the Enogastronomy Club of the Costa Brava and Girona Pyrenees.