Ca l’Enric was opened in 1882 as an inn for travellers and a small shop for supplying farmers in the area.
The platillos (small dishes) appeared in 1965 with the arrival of Desideri’s wife Dolors, followed shortly afterwards by the casseroles and the weekend grill. The old inn was by this time a fully-fledged restaurant, which is where the story of Ca l’Enric begins.
Today, Desideri and Dolors’s children continue to evolve the restaurant’s traditional cuisine, working with the essence of the region’s flavours.
They offer an interpretation of traditional Catalan cuisine, with seasonal produce and ingredients from the immediate surroundings, the forests of La Vall de Bianya, selecting the best products and recreating the flavours of traditional cuisine with a touch of the avant-garde.