❄❄❄ Enjoy the Pyrenees in winter! With mountains that rise above the sea, there is a home of snow and ski!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Good Morning! Have you ever imagined what it must have been like to live in the 7th century BC? 🔎 Visit the Iberian… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The county of Garrotxa boasts a magnificent collection of natural treasures and, without doubt, the jewel of the crown is the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park. It is an immense landscape covering over 12,000 hectares, with over 40 volcanoes hidden amid the vegetation.
This is a magical place to visit at any time of year thanks to the huge variety of colours that change with the seasons. In Alta Garrotxa you can visit peaceful, beautiful high mountain towns such as Oix or Beuda, to name just two. The area has deservedly been declared an Area of Natural Interest and forms part of the Natura 2000 Network, a European initiative aimed at protecting outstanding natural areas and making the protection of natural habitats and species compatible with the human activity that goes on there.
In the southern part of the county, the terrain becomes gentler but retains all of its charm thanks to the aforementioned volcanic zone, rural municipalities such as Les Preses and stunning natural landscapes such as that of the Bas valley.
Make sure you visit Olot, the county capital, a dynamic, lively city with a rich cultural heritage. Meanwhile, there are plenty of charming little towns that feature in all the guidebooks, such as Castellfollit de la Roca, Santa Pau or Besalú.
- Castellfollit de la RocaCastellfollit de la Roca
- La Vall de BianyaLa Vall de Bianya
- La Vall d’en BasLa Vall d’en Bas
- Les Planes d’HostolesLes Planes d’Hostoles
- Les PresesLes Preses
- Maià de MontcalMaià de Montcal
- Montagut i OixMontagut i Oix
- Sales de LliercaSales de Llierca
- Sant Aniol de FinestresSant Aniol de Finestres
- Sant Feliu de PallerolsSant Feliu de Pallerols
- Sant FerriolSant Ferriol
- Sant Jaume de LliercaSant Jaume de Llierca
- Sant Joan les FontsSant Joan les Fonts
- Santa PauSanta Pau