The church of Sant Cristòfol, in Beget. A relic from the pre-Pyrenees Romanesque style, built in the 10th century.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Emergent. Performing arts festival in the county of Gironès
Performing arts festival in the county of Gironès. Performing arts in the town square. Music, magic, dance, poetry, circus, mime, comedy. What is Emergent?
- An initiative aimed at providing an alternative, dynamic, young, accessible, fresh and thought-provoking performing arts schedule.
- A festival that aims to spring constant surprises on the audience with a rapid succession of performances in different genres in a single-evening outdoor event.
- An initiative that fills town squares on summer evenings, reviving the role of outdoor performing arts.
- An initiative with accessible prices (€5 admission).
- A programme that drives and encourages new creators, offering them a venue in which to present their projects.
- A programme that combines the work of newcomers and more renowned artists.
- A format that fosters dialogue between the artists and their audience, in a relaxed and intimate setting.
The first festival consisted of two evenings in Salt featuring 17 artists. This year's programme stretches to six nights in six different towns with the participation of 35 artists.
Over the course of six festivals, Emergent has managed to create an atmosphere of 'cultural festivity', far removed from the typical rigidity of many performing arts events, bringing back the social function of the arts.
This has been possible thanks to Gironès County Council, the Fringe Association, all the town councils that have taken part, Girona Provincial Council, all the collaborators, a loyal audience and, above all, the artists themselves, who from the very start have believed in and committed themselves to the Emergent festival.