Castle of La Trinitat

Votes
12345
Photo of Castle of La Trinitat in Roses

Situated as a lookout and defence fortification atop the Poncella point above Roses lighthouse, this castle dates from 1544, having been built in the reign of Emperor Charles V, who laid the first stone.

It has an irregular star-shaped floor plan. The fortress was divided into three floors of terraces containing rooms for accommodating 350 men plus provisions and ammunition for withstanding a long siege.

Contact

Castle of La Trinitat
17480 Roses (L’Alt Empordà)

Telephone: (+34) 972 151 466
Fax: (+34) 972 151 150
E-mail:
Website: www.roses.cat/

Twitter