Castle of Montgrí
Built between 1294 and 1302 by James II of Aragon to control the movements of the counts of Empúries. An unfinished castle as only the walls of the square layout were built, along with the moats and water tanks, and the four cylindrical towers that encircle it, joined at the four corners. The walls are 13 metres high and can be reached by means of a recently built spiral staircase. From the top of the towers there is an impressive panoramic view of the Empordà coast.