Monastery of Sant Pere

Votes
12345
Photo of Monastery of Sant Pere in Camprodon

Founded in the mid 10th century by Count Wilfed of Besalú, grandson of Wilfred the Hairy. The present-day church was consecrated in 1167 and is all that remains of the monastic site.

It is in the Romanesque style, with the typical rectangular, Latin cross layout and a very beautiful bell tower. With its simple and austere decoration, this building can be considered more typical of the Cistercian order than the Benedictine order.

Contact

Monastery of Sant Pere
Pl. de Santa Maria
17867 Camprodon (El Ripollès)

Telephone: (+34) 972 740 936
E-mail:
Website: www.valldecamprodon.org

Twitter