Rectory of Sant Miquel
As its name indicates, the Rectory of Sant Miquel de Pineda is a 12th century rectory that has been refurbished and turned into a rural tourism house. Set in the Natural Park of the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone, the Rectory of Sant Miquel de Pineda is located between the Romanesque church after which it is named and the greenway that stretches from the Pyrenees to the city of Girona and the Costa Brava. Guests will find a warm welcome and comfort in an unbeatable setting.
The Rectory forms part of the architectural complex of the parish of Sant Miquel de Pineda and dates back to 1161. The parish is located in the north-west of the Hostoles Valley, to the left of the River Brugent, and is composed of just two buildings: the rectory and the church.
The house has seven bedrooms (two on the ground floor and five on the first floor), each decorated uniquely but in keeping with the charm of the building.
The Rectory prides itself on providing warm hospitality and good food, with a wide variety of dishes based on seasonal local ingredients that reflect the Garrotxa area and the Catalan and Scottish roots of the owners. From excellent pork, veal and lamb to all sorts of artisan cheeses and cured sausages, not to mention seasonal fruit and vegetables, and wild products from the forest.
The extensive range of Scottish malt whiskies is another strong feature.
Companies can rent the property exclusively for business meetings in a peaceful, refreshing atmosphere. The rooms can be adapted for meetings and presentations.
The Rectory also organises and hosts English language learning stays.